Saturday, November 10, 2007

Daulat Tuanku



The FRU getting all heated up during the crowd control. It's takes a lot to stay level headed. Not an easy job. Easy to freak out.



The one that didn't get away. Poor bugger.



Now this one was part of the demonstration. Nice choc sundae to cool off the heat after a long teary wet day.



All in a day's ruckus!



Big bird watching from the sky.



This is a good way to disperse the crowd. Don't know whether the water was laced with chemical or not. By the time I elbowed my way towards this water truck as the crowd rushed away, it stopped spraying.



Hah. That was when the warning bells clanged and the FRU assembled ready to fire. I thought what better place to be nearer to them and they'll shoot over me if they need to. But no. I was hit as I moved closer.



This was a zoomed shot. I was probably about 50 meters away when they fired.




This is the day everyone has been waiting for. Not everyone. But I was one of them. Well, some blogs say 100,000 people. Others tally it at 65,000. Foreign news agencies counted about 40,000. But let's just say tens of thousands thronged the streets of central Kuala Lumpur today to show support for a march to the King's palace to hand him a memorandum calling for his intervention to ensure a bersih election coming up before the year ends.

I'm posting some pictures I took from the beginning at Masjid Jamek, where news reports say the action was hottest, and ending at the King's palace when the crowd dispersed at 4.30pm.

(The system is really slow tonight. I'll post what I can today and continue tomorrow from Phuket where the line is faster)





No comments: