Monday, October 29, 2007

Cut the Crap, Not the Tree

This morning I awoke to a burning desire to cut some crap that I saw in my life around me.

You know. It's that growing feeling of seething discontent and... must have something to do with a dream I had.

But anyways, I blended myself three glasses of tomatoes, a carrot, two bananas, and a green apple. Then with gusto, I set about pruning, sawing, hacking, until the bourgainvillae in my house was a stump standing 10 feet tall.

My sweet wifey shrieked when she saw how I mutilated the unfruitful tree.

I just smiled away that Anthony Hopkins' Red Dragon smirk, still smarting from countless scratches and stabs from the thorns of that wretched tree-plant.

Here's what a fruitful tree look like:
Bougainvilla

Now my house looks out to open skies.

That was just a symbolic act.

The year is going to end soon. And by the time it is through, I hope to have started cutting not just fruitless trees in my life, not just the crap in and around me, ... but prepare for the next phase in my life.

Oh, by the way, I also laid three mouse traps to snare the monkeys that have been marauding my castle. To no avail. The smart buggers, again, took the food, and left a trail of crumbs and skin all over.

Did I say anything about killing monkeys in my life? You bet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... you think? Life sometimes sucks?